You’ve heard it all. The cereal industry. Soap. Even fashion itself. What haven’t millennials slaughtered in cold blood? Well, here are some industries clinging to life in this generation:
- The Pokémon franchise: It’s hard for millennials to kill an industry they grew up on, and you may not be surprised that the Pokémon franchise is still kicking, especially after its renaissance due to the mobile game Pokémon Go. Hey, someone’s gotta catch those Squirtasaurs and Pikamanders!
- Coffee: Truly the nectar of the gods, it’s the fuel keeping us all alive. Where would we be without it? Whether it’s a pumpkin spice latte or the stuff you get at Fribley, it provides the energy to brave many a sleepless night. There are two types of people: people who love coffee and people who don’t but drink it anyway because they need to stay awake.
- Humor magazines: Hey, you’re probably a millennial, and you’re reading one (or at least what’s supposed to be considered one) right now. The creativity of today’s youth is what drives this industry, or maybe we’re just desperate enough for laughs to keep on reading.
- Backpacks: They’ve been around for a while, and they probably won’t be leaving any time soon. I mean, no one wants to carry an entire stack of $200 textbooks in their arms, though it would make a good workout. And even if you don’t carry your books around, backpacks are handy for storing snacks.
- Listicles: Let’s face it. Lists are a straightforward way of presenting information, and they’re easy to read or just skim. After all, who has the time to actually read an entire article for info when you can just look at a list? They’re not that complicated to write, either, and remain a staple of all the finest news sources.